Thursday, December 8, 2011

Statement From Assemblywoman Addie Russell on the North Country Regional Council Award

“This is truly one of the finest days for the North Country.  As a Regional Council Best Awardee, our regional plan is receiving more than $103 Million.  These funds will really be the catalyst for creating jobs and boosting our economy.

“I believe that this is extraordinarily good news for the North Country and for Fort Drum.  Our housing gap is at a critical point and the future of Fort Drum depends on its availability.  Fort Drum will be at ‘full nest’ in the near future, meaning that all brigades will be home. Our community must have the available housing stock for our military and civilian residents.  I know that the Pentagon is paying close attention to this issue and so I am pleased that the State is doing its part to help with our housing expansion.

“I want to congratulate the members of the North Country Regional Council for their hard work and dedication, as well as to Tony Collins and Gary Douglas for their superb leadership.  I look forward to getting to work to do what I can do to help put this plan into motion.”