Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Statement Regarding SUNY President Joseph Kennedy


“I am pleased that SUNY Canton President Joe Kennedy will stay on through this next academic year at SUNY Canton.  He will then go on to make important contributions to the 64-campus SUNY system, advising SUNY and the Chancellor on shared services implementation. 

“I am also pleased that he and SUNY Potsdam President John Schwaller will be working collaboratively to implement shared services between the two campuses over the next academic year, which will become a model for other SUNY collaborations. 

“Joe has done an outstanding job at SUNY Canton and we are fortunate to have him continue for an additional year before he joins SUNY Central and play a major role in the future of the SUNY system.

“Finally, I want to thank Chancellor Nancy Zimpher for being responsive to my concerns and receptive to my input in this important matter for our SUNY institutions in the North Country. “
-30-